Someone said :
Just looking for peoples thoughts on finances and how good they are at budgeting.
I'm pure shit at it
I get paid every 2 weeks. Mortgage out once a month. Usual bills. But a couple of days before payday I have zero money.
I also admit I don't look at prices when I'm shopping. Like I went to Tesco this morning just for cleaning products and spent €95!!
I'd love to be better at budgeting.
How good of a budgeter are you?
For 90% of the people, it is the opposite of dieting: more in, less out.
And as for dieting it is easier said than done.
- burn your credit card: if you cannot debit it now, what makes you think you can in 60 days when interests have accrued
- go shopping with a list: only takes what is on the list
- when shopping if you see a 'bargain' for something not on the list, only get it if you remove something else from the list/cart
- eat before you shop, and if needed relieve yourself of other stressers... some people laugh all the way to their bank, some people w*nk all the way from their loft
- write down all that goes in for the year, all uncompressible out for the year, including once-off, remove you CC debt, divide by 12. Don't spend more any week. If it means not going out, or going out with only cash for 1 drink, so be it, for a year
Who said budgetting cannot rhyme with fun? [no fun rhymes wuth fun ]