The psychic thread had me thinking. An idea struck me. New thread for this or as part of the psychic thread? New thread, methinks.
I am offering to read you, here on Gaire, free of charge. I have only met a few of you, for a very short time. In reality I don't know you. (I have a fair idea about one or two, but the rest of you I don't know at all.) No, there's no need to meet.
For the sceptics among you, it is only a pop psychology game using cold reading, I freely admit. For the others, I have psychic abilities and willing to share with all and sundry.
In a week's time, I am going to explain how this works. (Or shall I keep it a secret?
In order for this game to work, I want you to be honest about what you visualise and type it down and post it here. (or privately, if you want your analysis to be private)
The more detail the better, and be HONEST. If you make up a spoof answer, you'll get a spoof answer that does not accurately reflect you.
Ok. here goes.
1. You are going for a walk. where are you walking? are you walking alone or with others? What is the weather like? The terrain? time of day?
2. As you walk along, you come across a cup. Describe it.
3. Would you take it or leave it?
4. Having made your decision, you continue along when you see a mug this time. Describe it.
5. Would you take it or leave it?
6. You continue along with your walk, when you come across a bridge. Describe it. How do you cross the bridge? Going across not looking left or right? Or stopping to looking at the water? If you look at the water, did you see fish? anything else you visualised?
7. While on the bridge, you are accosted by a wolf, who calmly looks at you. How do you react?
8. Later on, when the wolf is gone, to your relief, you continue on. Only to be faced by a wall. It is a old stone wall, similar to the West of Ireland stone walls. Just above your head in height. Very easy to climb over, plenty of footholds. It is impossible to walk around the wall so there are three options open to you. Which option would you go for? a. turn back. b. climb up and look to see what's on the other side, then turn back. c. climb over and continue?