Most ridiculous benefit cheat excuses
1. "We don't live together, he just comes each morning to fill up his flask."
2. "I wasn't using the ladders to clean windows, I carried them for therapy for my bad back."
3. "I had no idea my wife was working! I never noticed her leaving the house twice a day in a fluorescent jacket and a Stop Children sign."
4. "I didn't know I was still on benefits."
5. "I didn't declare my savings because I didn't save them, they were given to me."
6. "He lives in a caravan in the drive, we're not together."
7. "He does come here every night and leave in the morning and although he has no other address I don't regard him as living here."
8. "It wasn't me working, it was my identical twin."
9. "I wasn't aware my wife was working because her hours of work coincided with the times I spent in the garden shed."
10. "My wallet was stolen so someone must have been using my identity, I haven't been working."