Very strange feeling reading this in 2017: http://www.independent.ie/style/sex-relationships/dear-mary-i-rea etc ...
- Girl has doubt she might be in love with her best friend
- Both have had zero sexual experience before, and are conservative/religious Advice given by Mary O'Connor:
- Don't do anything against "do anything that is forbidden" by your religion (she actually says "Church"),
- But best try messing ("dating, kissing and all the fun stuff") with a boy first to get a taste of sex
- Then you can decide if you'd like to do that with a girl instead
Way to go Mary!
You just advised her to alienate her potential girlfriend by messing with a boy, when what she is asking is if she should pluck the courage to mess with that girl!
Would Mary advise her to "mess with (another) boy Y", if the question was her doubts with a boy X?