Someone said :
All emphasis on these sites is on young lads and their age limits with when it comes
to older/mature men. Hard for us to find an NSA partner who can turn into a regular one.
Leads into isolation, discontent and depression. What to do?
Was it easier when no such Apps existed?
Do you feel that somehow NSA candidates were in the past passionate about older people and now are influenced by these Apps into some mysterious youngism?
Are you saying that you are trying to hook-up with men older than yourself, and you find them stuck on trying to find young bucks to ride?
Or are you saying that you are disappointed that the guys younger than you are not interested in your age bracket?
The reality is simpler:
- You are 20 years older than 20 years ago
- Aging has always been synonymous with increasing sexual scarcity, for most
- If you own age-range preference has not grown with your age, you cannot blame your target audience for shunning your age-range
- NSA and "regular" do not really go hand-in-hand... To get a fuck-buddy, it has to be more about being buddies than fucking without strings
- Those Apps are what they are and do what they do: market places for consumable sex So what to do?
- Accept the reality of your age, and of what you have to offer socially: how can you rebrand yourself as being attractive to your target audience?
- Re-dimension your age-target based on your age
(technically at 55 you should not expect anyone under 35 if you are no yourself ready to hook-up with a 96-year old!
- Explore less cruisy web-sites, and put more work into creating genuine connections with genuine people who are looking beyond NSA, if you want more than NSA
- Are you out? If not, Carlow can indeed be a difficult pulling ground. Conisder being more involved in the local LGBT network and life.
- Are you involved in your local community? in activities involving men of your age? Think about it: how many other gay men, or widowers open to "convertion", could you meet in such settings? They will be more open to regular string-attached fun than App users
- If you feel depressed, talk to your doctor and find professional council
: flippant replies like mine will not help anyone with that