Last updated : 13th of August 2021
- Be wary of advertisers who only want to communicate through anonymous apps like Messenger or WhatsApp.
- If responses to your general enquiries appear vague this is usually not a good sign and you should disengage.
- Never make large payments via Bank Transfers, Paypal, Western Union, Cryptocurrency, etc.
- Wait until moving-in-day (and you’ve tested the keys) before you pay the rent / deposit.
- Be wary if the advertiser can’t meet in person due to a personal or family emergency.
- Don’t be rushed into a false sense of urgency regarding too-good-to-be-true deals.
- Paying with a credit card offers the most security should something go wrong.
- Ensure rooms, stairs and hallways are well-lit and clutter-free.
- Ensure guests are fully aware of any low ceilings or doorways.
- Repair or replace raised doorway thresholds and sections of loose flooring.
- Whether hosting or attending a viewing consider having someone there with you.
- If you can’t make it to a viewing, let the other person know as soon as possible.
- Keeps pets in a secure space as they may get agitated or try to escape.
- Arrange viewings during daytime hours whenever possible.
- Cover or move valuable items out of sight.
- Please wear a mask and maintain an appropriate distance when requested.
- Please follow the public health measures in your area.
If you would like to suggest a safety tip please let us know via our Contact Form